We are happy to announce that our clinic will reopen for routine care starting Tuesday May 19 per the B.C. Phase 2 Restart Plan. Our clinic is taking extra measures to ensure the safety of our patients, staff and doctors. The following safety protocols recommended by WorkSafeBC will be implemented:
- Appointments will be spaced out to allow extra time for disinfection after each patient.
- COVID19 screening questions will be asked when book your appointment. If you answer positive to any questions, your appointment will be scheduled to 14 days later.
- If you cancel your appointment because you are sick, your appointment will be rescheduled to at least 14 days later. There will be no exceptions to this.
- Visits are by appointment only. No walk-ins will be accepted.
- Telehealth visits (via phone or video) may be utilized for certain follow-up appointments.
- COVID19 screening questions will be asked again when you arrive to your appointment.
- If you have COVID19 symptoms when you arrive, your appointment will be cancelled on the spot. You will be asked to self-isolate at home and contact the appropriate medical professional.
- No companion will be allowed into the clinic. If the patient is a child or adult/senior who requires assistance, only one companion is allowed.
- Maximum 2 people will be allowed in the waiting area.
- Since physical distancing is not possible during an eye exam, all patients are required to wear a face mask or face covering.
- Please stay 2 meters apart from our staff.
- Hand-washing station and alcohol-based hand sanitizers are available for use.
- Since appointments will be staggered to minimize the number of people in the clinic, please respect our time and do not arrive late to your appointment.
Hygiene, Disinfection, and Office Policies:
- All staff and doctors will be required to wash their hands upon entering and exiting the clinic.
- Magazines, books and brochures will be removed in the waiting area.
- High contact surfaces (ex. door handle, counter, chair) and equipment will be sanitized after each patient encounter.
- All staff members and doctors will be wearing a face mask and other applicable PPE.
- If any staff member or doctor becomes sick, they are required to stop working immediately and self-isolate for 14 days.
If your appointment was canceled or postponed from March-May, we will be contacting you shortly. If you would like to book an appointment, please call us at 604-821-0202 or message us via http://drchengoptometry.com/contact/
We thank you for your patience and cooperation. Hope you are all doing well and we look forward to continuing care for our patients!
Dr. Francis Cheng and Dr. Daphne Cheng